Cloud DevOps Engineer – Remote – Hoover & Birmingham, AL
Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career — a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored in accordance with regulatory requirements and in conjunction with Regions’ Retention Schedule for a minimum of three years. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Cloud DevOps Engineer contributes to the advancement of cloud strategy. The primary focus of this role includes developing, communicating and implementing robust and secure cloud continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. This role works closely with stakeholders to create fully automated pipelines which support current DevOps best practices.
- Partners with other developers and other information technology staff to oversee code releases
- Articulates business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Designs and develops fully autonomous ci/cd pipelines which facilitate cloud deployments which includes automation of all infrastructure, services and application build and deployment
- Ensures that all parts of the pipeline follow good software engineering practices to include unit tests and infrastructure tests
- Researches new technologies that will improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Implements highly scalable applications
- Maintains health of cloud-based production environments through monitoring and typical daily administration duties
- Automates operational activities and tasks
- Responds to performance issues identified by alerts and reported incidents
- Builds tools which reduce errors and improve our overall customer experiences
- Assists in troubleshooting of production issues and ensure pipeline and infrastructure produces clear documentation and metrics which enables Root Cause Analysis
- Develops and tests – Ansible Playbooks, Terraform Scripts, Packer Scripts and establish immutable infrastructure such that patches are an artifact of the past
- Works with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security (InfoSec), Application Development to enable the organization to move to the cloud using complete automation
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field and eight years (8) years of Information Technology experience to include some relevant DevOps experience
- Or High School Diploma or GED and twelve years (12) years of Information Technology experience to include at least four (4) years of relevant DevOps experience
- Four (4) years of relevant DevOps experience
- Must have strong UNIX skills
- Preferred AWS DevOps certification or Azure DevOps certification
- Experience with either AWS or Azure cloud technologies
- Experience in building / deploying cloud native applications – OpenShift, , Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Experience in observing real-time metrics in the pipeline and deployment strategies – Blue/Green, Canary Deployment
- Must be comfortable in developing pipelines as code using yaml specs, ansible playbooks
- Experience with interfacing with secrets management solutions like Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with either AWS or Azure cloud technologies
Skills and Competencies
- Hands-on UNIX experience
- Excellent communication skills and willing to mentor developers and other team members in the art of DevOps
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure – Compute – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Virtual Machines (VM’s), SQL – Amazon Relational Database Service (AWS RDS) or Azure SQL, Document Data Store (DynamoDb,Mongo), Security Groups, Subnets
- Working Knowledge of Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Git, ServiceNow a big plus
- Familiar with implementing Chaos engineering principles in the pipeline in order to determine weak links and suggest solutions.
- Proficient in python programming language
Pay ranges are job specific and are provided as a point-of-market reference for compensation decisions. Other factors which directly impact pay for individual associates include: experience, skills, knowledge, contribution, job location and, most importantly, performance in the job role. As these factors vary by individuals, pay will also vary among individual associates within the same job.
The target information listed below is based on the national range and level of the position.
Job Range Target:
$162,130.00 USDIncentive Pay Plans:
This job is not incentive eligible.
Regions offers a benefits package that is flexible, comprehensive and recognizes that “one size does not fit all” for associates. Listed below is a synopsis of the benefits offered by Regions for informational purposes, which is not intended to be a complete summary of plan terms and conditions.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate Volunteer Program
Please note, benefits and plans may be changed, amended, or terminated with respect to all or any class of associate at any time. To learn more about Regions’ benefits, please click or copy the link below to your browser.
Riverchase OPS Center
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
To apply for this job please visit careers.regions.com.