Principal Software Engineer – Beep Inc – Remote – US
Website Beep Inc
Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Principal Engineers will be directly responsible for the prototyping, development, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. Principal Engineers will define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market, accountable for the technology lifecycle of new product offerings and the mentorship of junior engineers.
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
- Lead engineering efforts in architecting, designing, implementing, and delivering software to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information (GPS, LiDAR, CAN, mapping, Bluetooth, NFC, REST, user-sources, Video, AI/ML, etc.)
- Lead engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time analysis
- Lead engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building in-vehicle solutions to enable remote supervision of autonomous vehicles.
- Contribute to the writing and maintenance of engineering and product documentation
- Lead design review, architecture and implementation discussions for new features
- Improve engineering processes related to feature planning and development, release planning, application versioning
- Mentor junior engineers
- 10+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development, with a focus on AWS
- Experience building highly concurrent reliable systems, with redundancy and failover capabilities
- Extensive experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases, and the knowledge required to decide which to use for a given system
- Fluency in Python, and willingness to learn other languages as the need arise
- Experience delivering products built with a variety of other languages
- Experience designing and integrating REST APIs
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
- Experience leading AI/ML or Big Data implementation projects
- Familiarity with AI/ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Pytorch, Keras) is a plus
- Experience with Big Data infrastructure (Spark, Storm, Beam, Flink) is a plus
- Experience leading projects in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates should expect to participate in a code review as part of the interview process
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $130,000- $150,000 per year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.