Video Processing Lead Software Engineer – GDIT
Website General Dynamics
Travel Required: None
Requisition Type: Regular
A career as a Video Processing Lead Software Engineer at GDIT means being a critical part of successful data outcomes. Here, your work can accelerate solutions for our clients while you accelerate your career. Own the opportunity to provide our clients with the data they need to turn insights and ideas into action.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Video Processing Lead Software Engineer, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Video Processing Software Engineer joining our team to further advance and lead efforts with cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. You will work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design, testing, and implementation of systems, software, and applications, including full motion video (FMV) exploitation capabilities.
HOW VIDEO PROCESSING SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Provide a proactive mindset to maintain and update video encoding technology as part of our overall development environment
- As part of the team, you will support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline activities involving end-to-end system performance validation efforts with a focus on communicating effectively with customers, team members, and end users
- You will work independently under pressure and effectively identify, recommend, and problem solve system issues to ensure systems, software, and applications are properly configured to meet customer needs
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: BA/BS Degree or equivalent
Required Experience: 8 years of related technical experience
Security Clearance Level: None
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong understanding of video streaming fundamentals, protocols and containers
- MPEG, MPEG2TS, mp4, webm
- udp, HLS, MPEG-DASH
- Strong knowledge of video codecs and compression schemes such as
- Experience developing encoders in Rust, C, C++ or a scripting language
- Experience working with ground-station based encoding platforms
- Experience with platform metadata distribution strategies
- MISB, KLV metadata sets ranging from 0104 to 1910
- GPMF, MIE4NITF, CoT
- Strong understanding of IP networks, FMV unicast, multicast rendezvous and WAN dissemination strategies/tradeoffs
- Experience with pixel, metadata alignment, GOP manipulation, timing, network efficiency and other remediation strategies
- Knowledge of video delivery over content distribution networks through VP or ABR delivery mechanisms
- Some experience with open source encoding software such as FFMPEG or GStreamer
- Knowledge of the imagery exploitation lifecycle, and various imagery systems
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong hands-on experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Problem-solver, well-versed in troubleshooting
- Flexible and versatile enough to work on a variety of different tasks and technologies
- Self-starter, does not need training in software engineering/computer science fundamentals
- Strong understanding and application of engineering principles, practices, and standards
- Ability to multitask and sustain multiple operational systems simultaneously based on current operational needs
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
The likely salary range for this position is $136,000 – $204,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.gdit.com.